I’ve been interested in some of the new tooling in the static site generator and hybrid-SSR (Server Side Rendering) space, so I decided to build a simple blog in a couple of them to compare and contrast.
This iteration of my blog is written in SvelteKit. I started with this template as a base and added views that filter based on tags. It’s setup to build as a static site and then hosted on Cloudflare Pages. It’s provided some impressive out-of-the-box performance, but it does look like there are a lot of opportunities for improvement
So far it’s been really easy to get setup, and publishing updates is as simple as pushing new commits to GitHub. I guess we’ll see how long that continues to hold once I get past the
hello world phase, but so far my hopes are high.